With every year comes changes, and the Class 3A is getting a makeover for the 2017-18 high school sports year.
The biggest change is Sky Pointe will become a full member of the the Sunrise League. The Eagles will field teams in boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls volleyball, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls bowling and girls golf.
Sky Pointe will also have four independent teams: boys and girls track, boys golf and girls swimming.
Below are the other known, and confirmed, changes:
- Boulder City football will compete as an independent, leaving the Sunrise League with four teams.
- The Class 3A football calendar will move back a week, ending its regular season with the other classes. Its championship game will be played Thanksgiving weekend.
- Adelson School returns to the Sunset League for boys soccer after competing as an independent last season. It is not yet known if the Lions will bring back their girls team, which competed last season.
- Doral Academy will compete as an independent in boys and girls golf.
- SLAM Academy gains associate NIAA membership status.
- GV Christian is changing its nickname from the Eagles to the Guardians.